Thursday 10 January 2013

Week 1 - Daniela Bowker

What is your name?
Daniela Bowker

What sort of photography do you do?
Actually, I write about photography for a living, rather than take photographs for a living. I cover news at Pixiq, I help to teach at the Photocritic Photography School, and I have one book published already and another due out in the spring. As a consequence, the majority of my photography is based around street photography and travel.  But I take pictures of anything that I might need to illustrate a tutorial or to demonstrate a concept in a book or article.

How long have you been shooting?
Since I was about five, with a hiatus from my late teens to my mid-twenties. I'm now 33.

What's your favorite piece of gear? Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with .
My 50mm prime lens!

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence.
You'll find me tweeting from @smallaperture; you'll find my writing on Pixiq.com; my Flickr gallery is under Daniela Bowker... ehm... I think that's it.

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
Nominally, I'm based in London. However, I spent six months of last year travelling and it's looking likely that a fair chunk of this year might be spent on the road, too.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
I'd probably suggest @aphotoeditor. I love his mixture of commentary on photography and gorgeous images.

No comments:

Post a Comment