Thursday 17 January 2013

Week 2 - Casey Wertz


What is your name?
Casey Wertz

What sort of photography do you do?
Most of my photography is pretty general in nature. I don't have any set style. If it looks interesting I'll take a photo. In the past with my Nikon equipment, I have managed to accumulate thousands of photos. I still have many that still need some post processing work. Sometimes I'm in the mood for heavy photo manipulation, sometimes I like black and white, or sunsets, or people or sports. A lot of my photos are based on mood. I would love to be able to just travel and take photos of interesting people, places and things.

On my list of things to do:
--concert photography. I think that would be very challenging and interesting at the same time.
--photography with ND filters. I think I could get some great shots of water, beaches, waves, landscapes, waterfalls.

How long have you been shooting?
Since 2005

What's your favorite piece of gear? Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with .
Wow, that is a hard question to answer. I think everything has its pros and cons and it pretty much depends on what I'm looking for at the time. 
If I want to shoot in low light, I'll use my D-700 or D3S. Both are great. If I don't feel like carrying around any equipment, I'll use my iPhone 4S. 
Recently I have acquired a Leica MP-9 and I have been enjoying that a lot. It helps me slow down with shots, and I don't end up with thousands of photos to sort though like I would have with my Nikons.
Tripods…. when I'm looking to shoot HDR, I will use my Manfrotto.  I don't usually have a lot of time to travel much, so any HDR or landscape shots are pretty minimal. When I do get time to travel, I'm sure
It will get more use. My camera bags are all Lowepro. They work good enough for my use. I would have to say that right now, the camera that is by my side all the time is my Leica. Takes wonderful shots and I love the challenge of shooting all manual. It just seems more back to the basics instead of all the auto this and auto that. Plus the weight…. so much lighter than my Nikons.

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence.
Twitter: @kcwertz
Instagram: kc_wertz
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caseywertz/

--- I did win a photo of the month that I'm pretty proud of…  http://www.aputure.com/blog/2011/09/01/august-photo-of-the-month-cowgirl-up/

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I live in Northwest Ohio. I am a Certified Garbologist (fancy term for garbage man). LOL.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
Kevin Russ   - @kevintruss  -  amazing work!!. He is living MY dream of travel and photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment