Sunday 9 June 2013

Week 22 - Marc

What is your name?
Marc Lafrenière.

What sort of photography do you do?
A lot of people would peg me as a landscape photographer. That is true, but only to a certain degree. I also love architecture, urban, & street photography. I like to dip into the portrait photography world once in a while.

How long have you been shooting?
I acquired my first digital point & shoot camera in 2005. That's when I first realized photography could become a life long passion & hobby.

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with)
I never leave my place without my trusty Fujifilm X100S. I purchased the original X100, and never got tired of it. I believe I will be a Fujifilm fan forever.
If I don't bring my X100S around, I usually pick up my Nikon D300 with a 24mm f/1.4 - always loved that combination!

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
You can find me all over the Internet! That sounds terribly frightening... you can catch me on Twitter (@lafrenieremarc), Tumblr (blog.marclafreniere.ca), 500px (500px.com/marclafreniere), & Flickr (flickr.com/lafrenieremarc).
I also administer a worldwide collective of Fujifilm X-Series photographers: myx100.tumblr.com - we now have 100 members from around the world, with close to 1000 followers on Tumblr. We have an excellent array of talent and work on the site.

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I'm a French-Canadian, originally from Chapleau, Ontario. Most people don't know where that is... it's in Northern Ontario, near Timmins. That usually situates them geographically. I have also lived in Sudbury & Ottawa, Ontario.
I'm currently working, and living, in St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador. Far away from home, on a windy, foggy, and rainy rock in the North Atlantic.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
My best friend from Ottawa - Alex Boone (@AlexBoonePhoto). [Editor's note: This is in hand!]

No comments:

Post a Comment