Sunday 29 September 2013

Week 38 - Mindy

What is your name?
Mindy Thompson.

What sort of photography do you do?
I'm an "average Jane" (very amateur) photographer who enjoys landscape photography.  
I also sketch and watercolor paint from my own photos and the photos of others (with permission).

How long have you been shooting?
I started shooting while still in high school in 1976, after living and working in Yosemite National Park, with the Upward Bound Program.
I took a college course in black & white photography. I learned to print my own B/W film images.


What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, anything you really love to work with)
I can't pinpoint a favorite piece of gear for my photographic needs; I shoot with a Canon Xsi, my iPhone and a couple "point and shoots".
However, I created a "SketchPac" for my watercolor gear that travels with me wherever I go.

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
My personal twitter account is @MinThomp
My Flickr account is SummersFire, where I have folders of photographs and sketches/watercolor paintings.

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I live at the base of the Sierra Nevada, in Tehachapi, CA.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
I really enjoy Jim Patterson's [Ed: possibly @jpattersonphoto] work. He does a lot of photography along the California shore. He's on Flickr and other photo sharing sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment