Sunday 8 December 2013

Week 48 - Sophia

What is your name?
Sophia Banks.

What sort of photography do you do?
These days I do wedding photography. I would like to be doing more fine art photography but my ideas and projects are ambitious these days and would be expensive to create. I really love being able to paint a scene with strobes.

How long have you been shooting?
I took up photography about 8 years ago and worked as photo assistant for a few years. I have been a wedding photographer for about 4 years now.

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, anything you really love to work with)
I am partial to the Canon 24-70 2.8 for the most part. My dream camera is the Leica M9 with a 35mm lens. I got to use one a few times when I was assisting.  

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
My current photography portfolio is http://www.sophiabanksphoto.com/
I have an art series represented by Galeri Sakura 
I am on twitter with the handle @SophiaPhotos but I mostly talk about trans liberation there.

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
Toronto, Canada.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
Seems most of the photographers who have work I really admire are not on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment