Thursday 7 February 2013

Week 5 - Vlado Kekoc


What is your name?
Vlado Kekoc

What sort of photography do you do?
I'd class myself as a motivated, enthusiast that occasionally makes money from my hobby.  I've been an active member of dpchallenge.com for 7 years, where I regularly enter photography challenges, so shoot whatever theme is on offer.  If pressed, I'd say I'd have a preference for shooting landscapes and cityscapes, but my kids also feature heavily in my photography.

How long have you been shooting?
A LONG time... 20+ years, I guess.  Used my parents Fujica Auto-5 as a teenager; got my own 35mm point-a-shoot as a 21st birthday present and bought my first SLR (Canon EOS 500) a year later.  Moved to digital about 7 years ago when I bought my Canon EOS 40D.

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with )
I'm loving my wireless triggers etc, and my green screen BUT would have to say, if I had to pick ONE thing, it'd be my Manfrotto 141RC tripod.  It was the first accessory I bought, has been all over the world with me and it shows the scars of many treks down rainforest streams, family holidays to the tropics, and trips into town for some night-time cityscapes.

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
My website/blog is at kekoc.com and on twitter I'm @kekoc.  Everything else can be found from there, I guess.

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
Melbourne, Australia; World's Most Liveable City, and one of the most photogenic.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
I'd love to see fellow Melbournian DPCer, @enzomaisano (aka hotpasta on dpchallenge.com) or US based DPCer @BSpurgeon at the helm of it for a week.  They are two of my favourite photographers around (that have twitter accounts that I know of).

No comments:

Post a Comment