Thursday 7 March 2013

Week 9 - Haje


What is your name?
Haje Jan Kamps

What sort of photography do you do?
I've done a lot of darting from one photography genre to another. These days, I'm mostly busy with more experimental photography, but above all, I'm a generalist. 

How long have you been shooting?
I've been taking photos for as long as I can remember, but my real passion for photography was sparked when I was able to save up for my first digital camera, back in the late 1990's. From there, I've spent as much time writing about photography as taking photos, as witnessed from the ungodly stack of books I've been involved with so far (see kamps.org)

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with)
I currently shoot mostly with my Canon EOS 5D mk 3 and a 50mm f/1.4 lens, but I'd hasten to add that I think equipment bores me something profoundly. Good photographers are able to take fantastic pictures with everything from iPhones via instant cameras to high-end Hasselblad equipment, and I think the photography world's obsession with equipment is misguided at best. 

Having said that, I did invent a photography gadget a couple of years ago, and as a result I'm running my own company these days. So, I guess my favourite piece of photography gear is Triggertrap Mobile. Shameless plug: It helps you trigger your camera with your iPhone or Android phone, based on all sorts of cool things (sound, vibration, time lapses, etc); check out the 90 second info video here.

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
@Photocritic is my main Twitter account. I blog at Photocritic.org, and my photos can be found on Flickr.com/photocritic

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I'm a notorious globe-trotter, but these days I call London, UK home. 

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
Pass, but I'll let you know if I think of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment