Saturday 13 April 2013

Week 13 (and a bit) - Jim


What is your name?
Jim Campbell.

What sort of photography do you do?
A bit of everything! I shoot a lot of cricket, and I love going for a walk around the riverbanks in my local area.

How long have you been shooting?
Since the early 1970s. I started with a Minolta SRT-101 and moved quite quickly to a Nikon FtN. I don't miss the "film and darkroom" days at all. That stuff was smelly, messy and unforgiving!

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, anything you really love to work with)

  • My Nikon D90 body (which ALWAYS has its MB-D80 battery pack on it. It has to really, I've long since lost the original battery compartment cover!)
  • For cricket, my Tamron 200-500mm lens. It's only f/5.6 max, but hey, cricket is a sunny day sport!
  • My Tamron 90mm macro lens. Great for creepy crawlies and for portraits. What? No, I didn't mean anything by that. Not at all.
  • My Pocketwizard radio triggers and my Triggertrap remote trigger. I just wish I could make the damned things work together!
  • Since I've already shown my age with the Minolta SRT-101, I wear and love my Scottrvest sleeveless shooting jacket. Yeah, I know, but it's better than the old green fishing vest that I wore for years and years!


Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.

  • On Twitter - @JustJimWillDo Not more than 18, ok maybe 20 hours a day. It really is an addiction!
  • I sometimes blog some stuff on In My Image. I've just noticed though, that it's been nearly six months since I've posted anything there. For shame!


Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I live in Bacchus Marsh, which is in country Victoria, Australia. Known as the "market garden" of Victoria, it is now a cross between a farming community and a commuter suburb. I love it here.


Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?

  • As you all know, I really want @TheRealNimoy to take over, even if it was only for a few days.
  • Otherwise I'd just love lots of keen, dedicated photographers both 'Pro' and 'Am' to come along and share their work and have a great time for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment