Thursday 11 April 2013

Week 14 - Michael


What is your name?
Michael Toye

What sort of photography do you do?
Black and white street photography with a smile and a nod to architecture

How long have you been shooting?
Since 2004. 

What's your favorite piece of gear? (for example, Lens, Bag, Camera, Tripod, any thing you really love to work with)
I have recently moved to Leica Monochrom. I'm not precisely sure if I could go back to an alternate system now. It's honed to play a single role in its life and, for street photography, it excels. My fingerless gloves too! You might laugh, but they're essential kit for literally being outside for 8 hours.

Where can we find you? Twitter account/s, blogs, galleries, any and all web presence that you feel comfortable sharing.
On Twitter, I'm @RealMichaelToye
My blog is The Stormtroopers Are Coming!
I do have galleries on 1x and 500px, but you'll catch my most recent images on Flickr 

Where do you live and work? You can be as specific as providing your lat-long coordinates, or as vague as "planet earth".
I live just outside of London, and am not working at the moment. I am seizing the opportunity to get out there and shoot and to help others with their photography; I'm running photography walking tours around the real sights and scenes in London.

Is there a Twitter account you would really like to see take over @WeRPhotography for a week?
I've recently stumbled across the work of Ian Brumpton, @IanBrumpton. I think he'd be an interesting follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment